Don’t Count Your Marriage Out Until You’ve Tried This!
Ballroom dance may very well may be proving itself to be a major influence in developing healthier, happier and more fulfilled relationships with your spouse or significant other. Most importantly, it’s helping re-bond relationships that are seriously struggling or even on the brink of disaster. Hopefully anyone on the verge of “calling it QUITS” reads this in time, and will hold off on making that decision until DANCE has been given a fair go!
We are seeing 180 degree turn-a-rounds in many of our studio dance couples, and it’s almost scary! It’s quite a tragedy to realize there are so many struggling relationships out in our world, especially for married couples!
According to recent release by the American Psychological Association (and research adapted from Encyclopedia of Psychology), “Marriage & Divorce”
“In Western cultures, more than 90 percent of people marry by age 50. Healthy marriages are good for couples’ mental and physical health. They are also good for children; growing up in a happy home protects children from mental, physical, educational and social problems. However, about 40 to 50 percent of married couples in the United States divorce. The divorce rate for subsequent marriages is even higher.”
40-50%? That’s almost unbelievable when you think about it!
Now, let’s think about some of the most common causes for marriages to struggle. We will bring to light only a few, but you will quickly understand how it can be so easy to lose each other over time.
- Lack of quality communication
- Being over-the-top- busy raising children, working and maintaining the household
- Forsaking time for yourself as a couple to do romantic things alone with each other
- Lack of quality time in the bedroom – No passion anymore? Lack of energy? Don’t have the time or interest?
- Financial STRESS (i.e. mortgage, car loans, student loans, insurance, doctor bills, utilities and so forth)
- The distance created from frequent or unsettled arguments
- Too much time being spent on social media and the Internet in the home when you could be focused on each other
Here’s our theory on why Ballroom Dance is having such a huge impact on struggling relationships, particularly marriages.
When ballroom dancing…
- You put the PHONES away and focus solely on yourself, your instructor and each other.
- You begin exercising together which immediately gets those endorphins pumping, making you FEEL BETTER and helps you both find the much needed energy to thrive.
- You increase your physical strength and agility which helps with many aches and pains. Some students admit that dancing has made them feel as good as they did in their 20’s and 30’s!
- You MUST touch and hold each other again which forces you to get “up close and personal.” This can often re-ignite the feeling of intimacy and sexual attraction once felt.
- You MUST practice and have patience, together. You begin working WITH each other again instead of AGAINST each other.. acting more like a team.
- You will be surrounded by others dancing and laughing, so it’s very easy for a couple to begin enjoying themselves right along with the group. It is a beautiful site when we see a struggling couple having fun again, together!
- You learn that dancing is great teacher of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- You begin to enjoy the social aspect of ballroom dance. It’s quite exciting to know that other people are admiring you on how well you and your partner are dancing with each other.
Why is this so important to us?
At Celebrity Ballroom Dance Studios, our #1 goal is to help as many people as possible discover the passion that comes alive with dance. While doing so, live a healthy, happy and successful life in every way possible. We believe that life is very short in the grand scheme of things, and we were not meant to live a life here on earth with neither zest nor passion.
Therefore, we encourage you to give dance a try, and hopefully it might be at our wonderful studio in Marietta.
We offer all new first time visitors an opportunity each week to come in without any obligation and receive free dance lessons, explore our studio, meet our staff and studio members, and have a night full of fun on us. Come see why we are Atlanta’s #1 choice for social dance lessons. This could be the very thing your relationship has been needing, so consider this your personal invitation.
You might be wondering…What can I expect on my very first dance lesson?
The hardest step to learning to dance is walking into the front door. Once you have done that, leave the rest up to us.
Here is what you can expect:
Studio Tour– We have a state of the art facility in Marietta with 3 ballrooms. Our main ballroom is 1500 square feet of floating floor (this means it is really good on your joints and moves with you as you move). Our Junior Ballroom is perfect for intimate practices and stretching while Studio C is where many of our group classes are held.
Getting to Know You– Your instructor will get to know you with some questions such as “have you ever danced before?” and “why would you like to learn to dance?” This is to make sure we can provide you with the best experience.
Basic Fundamentals- Your instructor will then work with you on the basic elements, lead and follow, and a couple of the basic dance steps.
Future Dance Lessons- At the end of your first lesson, your instructor will go over all of the dance options our studio provides and guide you down the right path.
~💝💝💝~ Are we connected? ~💝💝💝~
~ If you’re on Facebook, visit us at @celebrityballroomdance
~Tweet us @celebrityballr1
~Follow us on Instagram and Tumblr at @celebrityballroomdance