10 Little Tips to Help Ease Your Mind at any Dance Competition
Before we get started, we want to say that this weekend’s Marietta Mini-Match at our studio was a huge success! (See pics below..) We were very proud to host such event because it allows all participants to be scored by national judges in order to improve and become stronger as ballroom dance competitors. Special thanks to all our guests, contestants, the wonderful band, special performers Staz Dawson and Jackie Gonyea, competition award winners and special guests from Champion Ballroom Center, along with the special instructions from Mr. Daniel Elkin. Thank you to all Celebrity Ballroom Dance Studio staff members as well! You all made this event amazing and one for the record books! We are definitely looking forward to the next one! ❤️🙏
Before we go, so that you’re prepared and ready for the next competition that comes your way, here are 10 little tips to help ease your mind at any dance competition!
1. Don’t stress out your partner! You’ve done everything you can to prepare. Have fun at the event. Enjoy dancing!
2. 30 minutes before your heat means 30 minutes before your heat. Don’t make the MC call your name out on the loudspeaker looking for you. Teacher, I’m talking to you mainly!
3. Make sure you have bananas and chocolate to keep you going all day!
4. Be friends with your deck captain! They can make your day run very smoothly!
5. Deodorant! It is more than just there to keep the smell away. It can help areas that are sensitive or rubbing (thighs and fishnets, your chest and shirt, maybe your shoes?) It is a lifesaver!
6. Keep your accessories to yourself. Make sure your eyelashes are glued on, earrings are secure, ties are clipped down. We want everything to stay on you when you dance.
7. Hair spray- keep that hair stiff! Don’t let it move!!!
8. Don’t drink too much water before and after your heats. Keep consistent hydration. This will keep you energized and save you from too many bathroom trips!
9. Just in case the unfortunate pulled muscle occurs, bring some Tiger Balm. It will be instant relief.
10. Judges hate to see that number flapping all around. Make sure you secure it and that it won’t pull and tear.
Remember the most important tip for a dance competition is to just HAVE FUN!
~💝💝💝~ Are we connected? ~💝💝💝~
~ If you’re on Facebook, visit us at @celebrityballroomdance
~Tweet us @celebrityballr1
~Follow us on Instagram at @celebrityballroomdance